There's something about the start of a new year. A fresh slate. An entire 12 months set before you, all filled with possibility. With the excitement of new beginnings in the air, it seems like an excellent time for another Flirt Squad challenge :)
If you're new to the game, let me quickly explain what the Flirt Squad is.
The Flirt Squad is my super awesome street team, and along with helping spread the word about my own books around release time, we like to spread the word about other fabulous books and authors.
We have regular giveaways and challenges, and members earn all kinds of prizes. To become a regular member of the Flirt Squad (and have a chance to not only earn tons of swag but also get your name in the Acknowledgements of my book or even become a character!) head over to my Flirt Squad Page for all the details.Go ahead, we'll wait (*grin*)
Back? Awesome. Because this month's challenge is BIG. And believe me, you're gonna want to play along.
Since January is the month for resolutions, I thought it would be fun to play with that idea. I've asked some of my good friends to join in, and not only did they say yes, but they've also thrown in prizes!
All month long we'll be "meeting" these authors, getting to know what 2013 holds for them, and what their personal New Year's Resolutions are. And all month long you'll be earning points in order to win the goodies they've brought to the party.
Here's How To Earn Points
Along with guest posts featuring them throughout the month, each of the participating authors have crafted New Year Resolution tweets for the main characters in their books. It's a fun way to get to know their books and characters better. And copying these tweets is an excellent way you can let others know about these fabulous books.
If you are new to these challenges, you can leave a comment below with your contact info to let me know you're playing along (and so I can find you if you win!), and then jump in and start playing!
***Regular Flirt Squad Members--Since so many of us enjoy tracking points (and chatting) via the always fun Google doc, I've created a special one for this challenge. Email me (FlirtSquad@gmail.com) if you did not recieve the email with the link!***
The tweets are listed below and all you have to do is copy and post them--each tweet equals one point. I"ll be following the hashtag to award your points.
Yes, you can tweet more than one of the tweets listed below each day.
No, please don't tweet the same tweet more than once per day. Spread the love around :)
Just A Suggestion: while there isn't a limit on how many tweets you can send a day (other than not the same one more than once), I highly suggest you either space them out or limit them or you may just drive your followers batty!
For an additional 10 points, you can also do a blog post about the event. Tell me one of YOUR New Year's Resolutions, and include which of the characters tweets below is closest to your own. Link back to this post and either tweet it out with the hashtag (#FlirtSquadResolutions) or leave it in the comments below, and I'll award the additional pointage.
This challenge will run until February 1st, 2013.
Up For Grabs
One Grand Prize Winner wins a Super Sized ebook pack featuring:
- My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century by yours truly
- Gravity by Melissa West
- All The Broken Pieces by Cindi Madsen
- Inbetween by Tara Fuller
- Greta and the Goblin King by Chloe Jacobs
- Pretty Amy by Lisa Burstein
- Conjure by Lea Nolan
- Love All by Kelly Hashway
- Spectral from Shannon Duffy
- Almost and Unmaking Hunter Kennedy by Anne Eliot
- and YOUR CHOICE of any one of Nyrae Dawn's books!
And as if that wasn't enough, the Grand Prize Winner ALSO wins:
- Signed swag from The Collector: A Dante Walker Novel from Victoria Scott
- Signed Paperback of Destiny's Fire by Trisha Wolfe
- A brilliant, hand-designed Angel Academy bracelet from Cecily White!
TWO Additional Winners Win Signed Swag from:
- My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century
- Spectral and Gabriel Stone and the Divinity of Valta from Shannon Duffy
- Love All and Touch of Death from Kelly Hashway
- Destiny's Fire from Trisha Wolfe
- Conjure swag pack including a magnet, signed bookmark, and silicone bracelet
- What a Boy Wants bookmarks and Charade postcards from Nyrae Dawn
And Now For The Resolutions
From My Super Sweet 16th Century & the 2013 sequel A Tale of Two Centuries by moi:
- In 2013, I vow to be as bold as Cat, and give in to my artistic side. #FlirtSquadResolutions http://amzn.to/R1s2do
- In 2013, I vow to be like Alessandra & go after my dreams regardless of what others may think. #FlirtSquadResolutions http://amzn.to/RwAl0N
From Greta and The Goblin Kin by Chloe Jacobs:
- In 2013 I vow to take control of my future like Greta in GRETA AND THE GOBLIN KING @Jacobs_Chloe http://amzn.to/TYa8bV #FlirtSquadResolutions
From Pretty Amy and Dear Cassie by Lisa Burstein:
- In 2013, I vow to learn to love myself like AMY #FlirtSquadResolutions http://amzn.to/T6QzaW
- In 2013, I vow to learn to love someone else like CASSIE #FlirtSquadResolutions http://amzn.to/UnBTM4
From All The Broken Pieces by Cindi Madsen
- In 2013, I vow to check some things off my need-to-experience list, like Liv & Spencer do #FlirtSquadResolutions http://amzn.to/RvlLpr
- In 2013, I will be like Liv and learn to go after what I want, even if I might fall on my face #FlirtSquadResolutions http://amzn.to/RvlLpr
From Inbetween by Tara Fuller:
- In 2013, I vow to be more like Finn from INBETWEEN, by refusing to give up on what I want in life. #FlirtSquadResolutions
From Touch of Death and Love All by Kelly Hashway:
- In 2013, I vow to be like Jodi and put the needs of others before my own. http://www.amazon.com/Touch-Death-Kelly-Hashway/dp/193705330X #FlirtSquadResolutions
- In 2013, I vow to be like Meg and open my heart to love. http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16096146-love-all #FlirtSquadResolutions
From The Collector: A Dante Walker Novel by Victoria Scott:
- In 2013, I vow to be like Dante Walker and put more swagger in my step. http://tinyurl.com/asbrvox #FlirtSquadResolutions
From Measuring Up and Charade by Nyrae Dawn:
- In 2013 I vow to be like Annabel & learn health matters, but weight doesn't define me. #FlirtSquadResolutions http://www.amazon.com/Measuring-Up-ebook/dp/B008VO1YGG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356999665&sr=8-1&keywords=measuring+up
- In 2013 I vow to be like Colt and not run when things get tough. To stay & show love. http://www.amazon.com/Charade-ebook/dp/B009V5VG3A/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1357000090&sr=1-1&keywords=charade #FlirtSquadResolutions
- In 2013 I vow to be like Cheyenne & not let the past define me. To learn to make my own future. #FlirtSquadResolutions http://www.amazon.com/Charade-ebook/dp/B009V5VG3A/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1357000090&sr=1-1&keywords=charade
From Spectral and Gabriel Stone by Shannon Duffy:
- In 2013 I vow to be as brave as Jewel and embrace what makes me unique. #FlirtSquadResolutions http://amzn.to/VEGo2Q
- In 2013 I vow to be as adventurous as Gabriel and face my fears. #FlirtSquadResolutions http://amzn.to/ZuT13G
From Prophecy Girl: Angel Academy by Cecily White:
- In 2013, I vow to face my demons fearlessly, like Amelie! #FlirtSquadResolutions #AngelAcademy http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/14741366-prophecy-girl @CecilyWhite
- In 2013, I vow to be like Jack and fight for my beliefs, no matter how unpopular! #FlirtSquadResolutions https://www.facebook.com/AngelAcademySeries @CecilyWhite
- In 2013, I vow to be like Amelie and find humor amidst struggle! #FlirtSquadResolutions #AngelAcademy https://www.facebook.com/AngelAcademySeries @CecilyWhite
From Unmaking Hunter Kennedy and Almost by Anne Eliot:
- In 2013 I WILL stop hiding under baggy clothes like Vere Roth did in Unmaking Hunter Kennedy http://amzn.com/B009RS5M36 #FlirtSquadResolutions
- In 2013 I WILL kiss more often while eating apples! Unmaking Hunter Kennedy #firstkisses http://amzn.com/B009RS5M36 #FlirtSquadResolutions
- In 2013 I vow to ask a quiet girl WHY & try to be her friend. Almost, by Anne Eliot http://amzn.com/B0075CHVDA #FlirtSquadResolutions
From Destiny's Fire by Trisha Wolfe:
- In 2013, I plan to be as tough as Dez and go for what I want #FlirtSquadResolutions http://www.amazon.com/Destinys-Fire-ebook/dp/B006VIMAJO/ref=pd_sim_kstore_1
From Conjure by Lea Nolan:
In 2013, my heart will be as open as Emma's in CONJURE. #FlirtSquadResolutionshttp://tinyurl.com/a2zydfo @Lea_Nolan
In 2013, I'll use my powers for good like Emma does in CONJURE. #FlirtSquadResolutionshttp://tinyurl.com/a2zydfo @Lea_Nolan
In 2013, I'll be as determined as Emma is in CONJURE. #FlirtSquadResolutionshttp://tinyurl.com/a2zydfo @Lea_Nolan
Awesome, right? Told you it was a good one. So what are you waiting for? Get Your Flirt On!!