Are YOU ready to Unmask Your Inner Flirt...Again??
Last year, My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century was released into the world and so many of you helped spread the word and excitement. You became THE FLIRT SQUAD, my ultra fantabulous street team, and you absolutely made the year a blast for me. Along the way we also helped spread the word about other fabulous authors, and over two hundred of you earned prizes!
Now it's 2013. I have a new book coming out, and I also have a slew of fun challenges up my sleeve with other authors. If you are new to the squad, it's not too late to join in....and if you are a seasoned member, there's lots more ahead, with a ton of new prizes to earn :)
Read on for all the standard rules, new ways you can begin earning points NOW, along with a hint to what's ahead!
Why Should You Join?
Flirt Squad members win awesome prizes and get special perks, like:
- Exclusive contests and prizes just for Flirt Squad members
- Teaser chapters and special snippets from future books, including A Tale of Two Centuries, Rearview Mirror, 2nd Type of Girl, and some super sekrit books you'll hear about soon!
- Your name in the Acknowledgements of my next book
- A special note from me with secret tidbits
- A chance to become a character in a future book
- And special mega prizes geared to each book theme
And yes, the Flirt Squad is open International!
What does the Flirt Squad actually DO?
There's several different levels based on point totals, and at each new level you win some of those awesome prizes. The more points you have, the bigger the prizes. As you earn points, you can always email me at FlirtSquad@gmail.com, but the main way that point totals will be kept is on the Flirt Squad Google doc (we're very official here, peeps). Once you sign up by emailing me at FlirtSquad@gmail.com, I'll send you a link to the form so you can begin!
And here's how to earn points:
**First 10 people to find the shout out to My Super Sweet 16th Century in GLITTER Magazine's Winter Issue & tweet or email me a picture, earns 25 points! **
1. Buy a copy of My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century! If YOU order it OR get a friend/family member/acquaintance to do so, email me a copy of the receipt (Flirtsquad@gmail.com) and you get (+20) for each book sold! <--Yes, prior sales count!
2. Write an honest review for Goodreads once you read the book (all reviews count!!) (+15, post link on doc)
3. Write an honest review for Amazon, Barnes and Noble, or Book Depository (all reviews count!!) (+25, post link on doc)
4. Any art work you design about the characters or the Super Sweet series (tweet or email me for +15 points)
5. Sending me a picture of you holding/reading your copy of My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century (+10 points)
6. Tweet any of the following ( +1 per tweet, only one of these tweets counted per day!! Post link in doc):
- Wanna be a character in @RachelHarrisYA 's future book? Join the #FlirtSquad to find out how
- Unleash YOUR Inner Flirt, read My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century by @RachelHarrisYA http://amzn.to/VErERz
- Swooning over Lorenzo in #MySuperSweet16thCentury http://amzn.to/VErERz
- 21st century girl, 16th century boy. Italian accents. Renaissance art. Best. Birthday. Ever. #MySuperSweet16thCentury http://amzn.to/NJIdZS
- OR Tweet any favorite one-liners from the book, or facts about Cat or Lorenzo. Just be sure to include #16C so I know, and post a link in the doc.
7. Retweet any reviews for the book you see in my timeline (@RachelHarrisYA) or any of my peeps' (+1 point per retweet, one per day only, let me know in doc)
8. Commenting on any blog stop I make between now and the release of A Tale of Two Centuries (+5 points).
9. Retweeting the link to any blog stop I make to your followers (+2 points)
10. Put the cover of My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century as your avatar on FB and Twitter (+5 for the first site the avatar is placed and +1 for each additional, post link on doc )
11. Blog About the Flirt Squad (+5, must post link in the doc)
12. Mention the Flirt Squad on Facebook (+5, post link to the doc)
13. Recommending My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century to your friends on Goodreads (+15, take a screen shot and email it to FlirtSquad@gmail.com)
14. Email a friend or YA book loving family member that either has a blog or is active in social media, and ask them to join the Flirt Squad (+ 25 for all future active members when they join, make sure they email me at FlirtSquad@gmail.com and mention that you referred them so you can get the points!)
And now for the real fun.... THE PRIZES:
And if you are a returning member who has already earned these prizes, stay tuned for a brand new set of goodies as we get closer to August and the release of A Tale of Two Centuries!
- First level (25 points): A Super Sweet bookmark and tattoo
- Second level (75 points): All prizes above PLUS a set of trading cards (your very own pocket-sized Lorenzo and Cat!), and a Super Sweet bracelet
- Third level (150 points): All prizes above PLUS your name in the acknowledgements of book 2 in the Super Sweet series, A TALE OF TWO CENTURIES <--this prize available for another two months!
- Fourth level (250 points): All prizes above PLUS a special note from me inviting you to the sequel to My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, A TALE OF TWO CENTURIES, including a special sneak peek!
- ALL Participants who Reach Fifth Level (500 points): All prizes above PLUS an entry into a drawing to make a special appearance as a character in a future book.
Those of you who know me, know that I live on Twitter. So to join me in the fun, use the hashtag #FlirtSquad or #MySuperSweet16Century, or find me at @RachelHarrisYA.
Awesome! I Wanna Join... But How??
Simply email me at FlirtSquad@gmail.com. I'll be contacting you shortly with the form to keep point totals and info on future FLIRT SQUAD CHALLENGES, the first of which begins this week!
So what are you waiting for? Get your FLIRT on!!